Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wednesday weight loss week 4 + 5

I have been busy at work. Very busy and so blogging has taken a 3rd wheel, unfortunately.

So week 4 was less then stellar. I burned my 3000kcal, I tracked every morsel that went in my mouth and stayed in my points and still I was up 400g (0.9lb). The WW leader was again not the usual one although she didnt weird me out as much as the last time. I think she realised we were used to a very different style then the one she does and she kept talking to us and keeping us calm (sounds like we are kindergarten children but when your routine on something so important is disturbed you get stressed)

I decided that it wasnt going to discourage me and promptly got discouraged. That night I didnt go to gym but went straight to a braai (BBQ) at friends and managed to eat all my points I think, I dont know I didnt track it but I was miserable. I gave myself the night to be miserable and throught the evening kept reminding myself that i still had 200g (0.4lb) left of my big 1.8kg (4lb) loss and I wasnt allowed to gain it. I spent the public holiday on wednesday doing lots of nothing except drinking great cofffee, eating sushi and watching private practice and medium. Thursday was back to gym and I did my utmost to burn 700kcal in that hour but only got 641kcal, I felt exhausted though so wasnt too upset by it. Had a great dinner and watched that I didnt over indulge, even too much salad is too much.

Friday I wasnt able to train as I headed out to Betty's bay (a coastal town) to spend the weekend with friends. Got there, cooked supper and went to bed. The next morning I though "I could go for a walk!" and I did, a quick 30 min walk just to get my morning started. This was my view for most of the walk:


This is who I met when I go there:
The whole area has these helpful baboon information signs as baboons have started becoming a problem with people feeding them and trying to "make friends" with the cute but wild animals.

Was kept busy most of the day so didnt even snack, just had a nice salad for lunch (it was late spring weather) and then decided to try walking to the shops to do the grocery shopping we needed for supper (2-3 hour walk) but by the time we left it was getting late so 3 of us walked while we told my friends husband to wait an hour and a half and then come fetch us. We walked for 1h45min and it was very nice.

We had a braai (BBQ)  that night and I had bought Kudu (type of venison) steak, very very lean and very tasty. 

That evening was also an early night and the next morning I woke up with the same thought in my head "I could go for a walk!" This time I took a diffrent direction and walked for just over an hour. This was my view:

I drove home after that to wish my daddy a happy father's day. I decided on sunday that my "Bread Fast" was over. enough was enough, I wasnt losing more weight, it wasnt helping me in anyway and just making me miserable.

Monday I was so sore and exhausted from all the walking that I took the day off. Went to a book launch that evening.

Yesterday (tuesday) was weigh in day again and the lady who is meant to lead us for the next couple of months was back, so back to our usual routine. I really really felt like I would have a loss this week, i felt it in my bones. I was sure it would be a small loss but definitely a loss. Well....I was...wrong. It wasnt a small loss it was a BIG loss. I lost 1kg (2.2lb). Was so motivating and I was ready to kick ass at gym. Which I did in the first 40 min till I didnt catch a medicine ball thrown to me properly and ended up with in my face. Luckly on the side and not my nose.

What shall today bring...I have a lovely pot of minestrone waiting at home :)

1 comment: